Monday, December 3, 2012

To The Ladies of Killeen Golf Assoc.


Dear friends,

Before you begin to read I would like you to understand that English is not my primary language, therefore you may see many mistakes in the article but I like it to be that way.  It is my voice, which is unpolished, and truly organic.

Half of the year has gone by since I took responsibility as the KLGA president.
It is a good time to give a self-evaluation to see if I need to be on self-probation.

So, I took a trip down memory lane and thought about why I joined the KLGA and how the experience has helped me.  It was the best decision I’ve made in relation to golf.  I could have taken all the golf lessons in the world, but lessons alone can’t teach me to have as much fun as I am having now.

There are many people I should be thankful to for kind words of encouragement, being patient when I play slow, sharing the knowledge of golf, sharing cart rides, and much more…  I often joke about being Pat Bonner’s prodigy.  Yes, she is one of many people who have taught me to be a better golfer and have fun on the course.


The attached article is written by me and published in The Stonetree Times Vol. 1, Issue 2. (March 2008).  I would like to share with my friends and particularly the new friends, so you know I was there too, not so long ago.


Thank you all for the support you have given to the KLGA and hope we can accomplish our common goals together which is to become better golfers and to have more FUN.

Yong

No comments:

Post a Comment